The Church of Goomy is a religion based on the Pokemon, Goomy. The religion states that Goomy created the world and that "Goomy is love, Goomy is life." Goomy alone is powerful enough to defeat every other Pokemon. The religion follows the holy book, the Gooble, and uses several other puns involving goo. While they may seem cheesy, most of these puns are actually very goo-d.
The Ten GoomandmentsEdit
The Ten Goomandments are the rules that the Goomists must follow. They are:
- Thou shalt not allow your lord to faint in battle
- Thou shalt not faint lower level pokemon with malice
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God and change it using the nickname feature
- Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy, to put down your 3DS and leave it charging for the next day
- Honour thy mother and professor
- Thou shalt not kill, but thou may induce fainting when in a battle
- Thou shalt not commit adultery, even in the daycare, even if she's a ditto
- Thou shalt not steal legendary pokemon
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor by telling him you caught a shiny Gyarados when you actually didn't
- Thou shalt not covet, even if thy neighbor has a pokemon with perfect IV's
The Goomy Evolution Controversy is a problem that the followers of Goomy faced early on in the life of the Goomy religion. This controversy may soon divide the religion into two separate groups, but this has not officially happened. The controversy is that some followers of Goomy believe that Goomy should not evolve, but others do and want Goomy to evolve because they believe that Sliggoo and Goodra are just other forms of Goomy. The controversy gets even more confusing as some believe that you can only evolve Goomy if you have another Goomy that you do not plan to evolve. This controversy is likely to split the religion into several groups. The followers of Goomy are struggling to "stick" together.